Welcome to Boys Cross Country
What is cross country?
High School cross country is competitive distance running, with races of 5,000 kilometers (3.1 miles) over varying terrain.
We have one of the most successful programs in all of New Jersey. We have had 26 consecutive winning seasons, and during that time we have had many accomplishments that no other program in our area can claim:
- 7 South Jersey Sectional Titles in Groups III and IV
- 3 State Group Championships in Groups III and IV
- 2 All-Group Meet of Champions Titles – one of only 3 public schools in all of N.J. history with multiple M.O.C. titles!
- Nationally ranked 5 times – U.S. #7, #10, and #23 XC, U.S. #2 and #3in the 4 x Mile
- One Footlocker Cross Country National Qualifier
- The Cape Atlantic League leader in Sectional, State, and M.O.C. titles
- 17 Atlantic County Championships
- 11 C.A.L titles, 13 Division, and 10 Conference titles
- All-time C.A.L. and South Jersey team time record holders at Holmdel Park, site of the State Championships.
- All-time team record holders at the Atlantic County Championship course in Hammonton Lake Park
- All-time team record holders for Delsea Regional, site of the South Jersey Sectional Championships
- 16 County, South Jersey, State, and Meet of Champions individual Champions
- Individual C.A.L. record holders on more than 12 courses, including Hammonton and Delsea
Coach Dan Heyman
- 22nd season as Head Coach (180-26)
- Inducted to the New Jersey Scholastic Coaches Hall of Fame in 2008
- 4 time A.C. Press Coach of the Year
- 2 time N.J. State Coach of the Year
- 2004 Northeast U.S. Regional Coach of the Year
Interested in Joining MRHS Boys Cross Country?
Contact Coach Heyman - email@example.com
We train all summer, starting at 7:00 AM on July 6 th All you need are running shoes and a watch
- 17 N.C.A.A. Collegiate individuals
- 6 Collegiate team captains
- 5 College All-Americans
- 5 College Conference champions
- 1 Provisional Olympics Pre-qualifier
- 7 Collegiate Team Captains
- 1 Amateur World Triathlon Champion
- 4 College program record holders
- Several successful College and High School coaches