Welcome to Physical Education
All students will receive three marking periods of Physical Education and one marking period of Health Education. Driver Education is offered in 10th grade. Comprehensive Health and Physical Education List of Standards
- 1. All students will learn health promotion and disease prevention concepts and health enhancing behaviors.
- 2. All students will learn health-enhancing personal, interpersonal, and life skills.
- 3. All students will learn the physical, mental, emotional and social effects of the use and abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
- 4. All students will learn the biological, social, cultural, and psychological aspects of human sexuality and family life.
- 5. All students will learn and apply movement concepts and skills that foster participation in physical activities throughout life.
- 6. All students will learn and apply health-related fitness concepts.
In order to demonstrate mastery and receive credit for Physical Education, the student will:
- * Understand rules & Regulations of Activities
- * Be prepared with proper attire for Physical Education
- * Participate in all activities
- * Display positive sportsmanship, based on attitude and cooperation. Recognize the value of leisure time activity.
- * Demonstrate a regard for the safety and well-being of all participants. Understand one’s own abilities in any activity.
- * Respect all levels of abilities in all areas.
- * Swimming will be required for all 9th and 10th grade students.