Bridge Year-Pilot Program
NJDOE Bridge Year Pilot Program
The New Jersey Department of Education has established a “Bridge Year” pilot program for students in the Classes of 2021 and 2022 who wish to attend Mainland Regional High School after graduation to mitigate learning loss and/or participate in extracurricular activities or spring sports that were inaccessible due to the pandemic. Please note that students in the Bridge Year may not participate in fall or winter sports.
Students who wish to participate in the Bridge Year must contact the Bridge Year Liaison by February 15th of their senior year.
Mainland Regional High School Bridge Year Liaison
Mr. Michael Anthony
Post-Secondary Development Counselor
609-927-4139 Ext. 1035
Bridge Year Eligibility
- Students must be members of the Class of 2021 or Class of 2022
- Students must notify the Bridge Liaison of their wish to participate by February 15th of their senior year
- Students must have completed all MRHS graduation requirements prior to the Bridge Year
- Students must be 19 years of age or younger during the entirety of the Bridge Year (except for students with disabilities whose IEP specifies services past the age of 20)
- Students must take between 9 and 12 credits each semester (MRHS equivalent 15-20 credits); fall semester credits can be a combination of credits earned at MRHS and/or Atlantic Cape Community College; spring semester credits must all be earned at Atlantic Cape Community College (ACCC credits are at student/parental expense)
- Students must maintain a GPA of 2.0