Boys' Crew FAQs
What's in it for you?
When does the crew season begin and end?
Is experience necessary?
Most of the students who join the team have little or no experience prior to their first season. One of the best parts about the sport of rowing is the existence of a separate 'novice' category of racing, for those who have never rowed before.
When do you practice?
Can rowing help me with college?
It's a total experience that immerses you. Here are just a few more reasons:
Rowers are the toughest, most determined athletes you will meet!
- Rowing is for everyone. Your height and size don't matter. If you are interested in us, we are interested in you.
- It does not matter if you have never played sports before or have never heard of rowing; we will teach you everything you need to know.
- Rowing works all muscle groups and burns more calories than any other sport or exercise. It is a sport that demands endurance, strength and skill. It requires consummate teamwork and mental toughness.
- Many universities offer scholarships for crew. Crew is a growing sport on college campuses. Participating in crew can benefit you as you navigate the college admission process.
- We feel that by rowing, you become not just a better athlete, but a better student and person as well.
- The team experience forms very close friendships and helps everyone grow dramatically as people. You learn a sense of responsibility toward your boat mates and team, and this transfers to all aspects of life.